cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcRohde
Level: Powered On

Creating A Link to a specific form response

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to format a linke to a reponse in MS Forms.  I would like to add a 'click here' type of link to an e-mail flow each time a response is submitted.  I don't really need to emebed the detail variables into the message since the users who need the data will all have access to the form responses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Creating A Link to a specific form response

The best way to have full granular access to all Form responses is to create a SharePoint List when a new response is received, and call the corresponding List Column for that item into the Email step(s). You could quickly start with the Record form responses in SharePoint template, and then include a link to the List item in the Send Email action.

For a more streamlined approach, you could also use the Send an email to responder when response submitted in Microsoft Forms template. I personally like having an easy to access, read, and use answer repository, which is why I record all of my Form responses to a SharePoist List. As an example, if in the future you want to expand your Flow based upon answers provided in the form to route the answers to only those it is specific to, you could add use conditions with logical expressions and parallel branches. 

Further reading if you do choose to expand:

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

The best way to have full granular access to all Form responses is to create a SharePoint List when a new response is received, and call the corresponding List Column for that item into the Email step(s). You could quickly start with the Record form responses in SharePoint template, and then include a link to the List item in the Send Email action.

For a more streamlined approach, you could also use the Send an email to responder when response submitted in Microsoft Forms template. I personally like having an easy to access, read, and use answer repository, which is why I record all of my Form responses to a SharePoist List. As an example, if in the future you want to expand your Flow based upon answers provided in the form to route the answers to only those it is specific to, you could add use conditions with logical expressions and parallel branches. 

Further reading if you do choose to expand:

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Super User
Super User

Hi @MarcRohde , there's no way to add a link to the response itself although you can add all the questions and answers in the response into your email. If you saved the response to a SharePoint list then you could add a Link to item which would open the list item in SharePoint. But you can't link to the actual response.

Rob
Los Gallardos

Super User
Super User

@RobElliott wrote:

Hi @MarcRohde , there's no way to add a link to the response itself although you can add all the questions and answers in the response into your email. If you saved the response to a SharePoint list then you could add a Link to item which would open the list item in SharePoint. But you can't link to the actual response.

Rob
Los Gallardos

The Forms connector has rather limited functionality, mainly because Forms itself does. In a Form's responses, you can only see the basic metrics that are captured as a whole. Currently there is not a unique API-based record that you can call and access from the Forms website. 

Currently you can view an individual response from the website, but it is several clicks in, and it actually displays as a custom view of the Form's design page (see red box):FormsResponsePage.png

If you would like a Microsoft Forms API, which would almost certainly expand the Connector's abilities, you can vote on the API for Microsoft Forms request on the Forms User Voice. If you'd like to expand the functionality of the Forms connector for Flow, please consider submitting it to the Flow Ideas page, where it can be voted on by other users, and tracked and commented on by the Flow team.

One reason that Microsoft likely won't develop an API for Forms, is that it is meant for Office 365 customers - who have access to SharePoint. So, developing an API for Forms would be re-inventing the wheel as it would be nearly identical in scope to the API for SharePoint Lists. Those same responses can also be sent to any data source (SQL, Cosmos DB, Excel, Google Sheets, etc) - so think of Forms as a data gathering tool, not a data storage or access tool.

MarcRohde
Level: Powered On

Thanks,

I was looking deeper at the link that gets sent to the respondant and the format is pretty simple and could be recreated but what looks like is missing from the service call in the flow is the ResponseGetToken

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponseDetailPage.aspx?id={form id}&rid=5&GetResponseToken={request token}

I know the form id, the request ID is in the dynamic date but the get token kills it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 50 members 4,609 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: