cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJJ04
Frequent Visitor

Creating Duplicates - Copying and updating list items with attachment to another list

Hello all, 😊❤️

I currently have a flow down to where if I have List 1 with an existing item and it is updated with an attachment that a flow triggers to make a copy of that item along with its newly added attachment to List 2. 

However, if I have multiple items in List 1 getting attachments added at the same time, then duplicate items get added to List 2.  

So my question is, how do I avoid these duplicates? I was thinking something has to be done to where the flow first checks to make sure the item doesnt already exsist in List 2 but i have no idea how to squeeze that in or if it would even help?

Any help is appreciated!  My current flow is below:

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JJJ04

I think logically, it is easiest to delete all attachments of the specified items in List2 and add them again.

vbofengmsft_0-1627351618908.png

vbofengmsft_1-1627351670385.png

vbofengmsft_2-1627351764998.png

此致敬意

奥埃

Hi @v-bofeng-msft , Where would i put that "Get Items" card for List 2 in your flow you had shown?  Currently, my "Get Items" card is for List 1 in my flow.

Also, I am confused as to why I would be "deleting" attachments?  i want to avoid duplicates altogether?

Maybe if I explain my scenario a little better...  I bulk load over 100 list items in List 1 at once.  Then in the coming weeks, little by little, users will go into List 1 and add an attachment to some list items and use the "ReviewDone" text column inputting a "Y".  I would like the flow to copy that exact list item (along with its attachment) to List 2.  When i do this, it copies a list item in List 2 multiple times...  Just FYI, at the end of the flow (i didn't show in my screen captures) that once it is copied to List 2, it deletes the original list item from List1.

Thanks for your assistance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,621)