cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Creating Dynamics 365 Resource Bookings

Hi,

Warning:  This post contains Dynamics 365 terminology!

I've create flow which, on the creation of an Agreement, creates some Work Order records.  This works fine.

I've now been asked to build into this flow the creation of one Resource Booking per Work Order.  I've set it up as I think it needs to work, but it just hangs and doesn't create a Resource Booking.

Has anyone done this before?  Are there any logs I can look at to help me see why it might be hanging?

Thanks,

Stewart

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stranter,

Could you share your flow configuration screenshots?

If possible, sharing the Flow configuration could helpful, and you could share the hanging status screenshots.

There is a document that set up bookable resources, it has some notes and considerations, maybe you will need it:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/field-service/set-up-bookable-resou...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

This is my flow:

fencingflow.png

This is the run, which hangs:

fencingflow_run.png

I know it hangs at the creation of a Resource Booking because the flow creates 1 Work Order related to the Agreement then hangs and doesn't create a Resource Booking.

Highlighted

Hi @stranter,

The reason that hanging is the condition not met, so it stocks in a loop.

You can test perform these actions out of the DO Until action. If it could be created successfully, you should consider restructuring the logic in the DO until action. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

How can this be?  It creates a single work order and the second picture shows it has passed the condition.  Moreover, if I remove the step to create the Resource Booking, the flow completes without issues when I remove the step "Create a record (Bookable Resource Booking).

Stewart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,414)