cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Creating Email Activity record using Flow. Content is not parsed/formatted as sent

Hi,

I have a requirement to create an email activity record for any incoming email on a shared mailbox.

The incoming email is well formatted. I simply map the email body to Email Activity records' description field.

and other field mappings as required.

The record gets created but the activity description text is not as it was sent. It comes in one single line. eg. 

"Hi, How are you Thanks"

When the actual mail was

"Hi,

How are you.

Thanks"

How can we retain the format of the email when mapped to email activity record in CDS ?

attaching the screenshot of the basic flow that i created to test the functionality.

email activity record.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rkaur ,

Could you please share a screenhsot of the run history of the flow?

I have made a test on my side and the screenhsot of Create a new record action in the run history is as below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rkaur ,

Could you please share a screenhsot of the run history of the flow?

I have made a test on my side and the screenhsot of Create a new record action in the run history is as below:

1.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

Yes its the same History as you pasted.

Teh description field does come as formatted over here with"\n" embedded.

"description": "Hi,\n\nHow are you\n\nThanks",
But, in the UI - email messages entity - it shows in one line. How about your test ?

Additionally, teh email messages description box shows 3 tabs Designer, HTML adn Preview, when created via flow.
But when we create a new email activity record from UI, there are no different tabs email activity.PNG

Highlighted

ANy update please ?

Frequent Visitor

Any update on this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,658)