cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtshepherd04
Frequent Visitor

Creating Email when specific bucket task is complete

Hey everyone,

I found a few old threads regarding this, but they seem to be too old for a response from original repliers. In planner I have two buckets that once a task is marked complete it requires action in our BenAdmin System. I would like to set up a flow that emails a user to do that next step, if someone were to mark the item complete. I've tried to follow some previous posts but still having a hard time figuring it out. Please see my flow below. Thanks for any help.

dtshepherd04_0-1614268080786.pngdtshepherd04_1-1614268100321.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @dtshepherd04 ,

you're missing a step where you'll get only the specific bucket from the completed task. If you just 'List buckets' and then loop through them you probably receive an email for each of them as you'll get all existing buckets. You want to filter only the bucket from the task. 

That can be done by adding a 'Filter Array' action after the 'List buckets'. Filter from all the buckets only the one whose 'value Id' is equal to 'Bucket Id' coming from the closed task. That will return only that one specific and you can use this bucket 'Name' to send the right email.

image.png

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tom_riha
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @dtshepherd04 ,

you're missing a step where you'll get only the specific bucket from the completed task. If you just 'List buckets' and then loop through them you probably receive an email for each of them as you'll get all existing buckets. You want to filter only the bucket from the task. 

That can be done by adding a 'Filter Array' action after the 'List buckets'. Filter from all the buckets only the one whose 'value Id' is equal to 'Bucket Id' coming from the closed task. That will return only that one specific and you can use this bucket 'Name' to send the right email.

image.png

View solution in original post

@tom_riha thank you for the response. I've updated my flow to use the array, but the send email seems to have been skipped. Any other tips?

dtshepherd04_0-1614276062364.png

dtshepherd04_1-1614276086314.png

Yes, there's an empty space in the bucket name that might cause the problem, try to remove it in the Planner.

image.png

dtshepherd04
Frequent Visitor

Fantastic, I didn't realize there was a space at the end of the name in the bucket. This now works perfectly! Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (91,918)