Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

Creating Events On Calendar

Hello,

I am attempting to create a flow that staff members can fill out details on a form that would then post on a calendar for the days specified on the form and then the entire organization needs to be able to view this calendar within Teams.  It appears that it is not possible to create an event on a channel calendar?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions?  The main objective is for the entire organization to quickly be able to view this calendar within Teams.  It doesn't need to be within a channel and even a pinned app would work even better.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @frankc9 ,

SP list calendar view could also be used as the data source in Power Apps Canvas, just list the normal lists, connect to the data in Apps Data pane:

vjefferni_0-1641264433471.png

or

vjefferni_1-1641264470943.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @frankc9 ,

I think you could create a calendar in SharePoint top level org site, save form responses as the calendar events and post the event which is also a list item to the Teams channel.

Below are the steps from other threads for your reference:

Solved: Create SharePoint Calendar Event - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Send-daily-SharePoint-calendar-entries-to-a-Teams...

In addition, using a pinned app which connects to that SharePoint Calendar is also a way to achieve your need, you can post a message in a channel when an event is created in SharePoint to reminder everyone.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @v-jefferni,

Thank you very much for your assistance!

I created an events list:

frankc9_0-1640620715952.png

But I do not see it available as an option in automate when using the "create item" step.  It only show's lists and not event lists:

frankc9_1-1640620786969.png

Hi @frankc9 ,

The event list I mentioned previously is the SP list calendar view.

Best regards,

frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-jefferni , ah ok sorry about that!  I got it working 100% now from from the form submission to creating the event and posting a Teams channel message, thank you!

How would I go about connecting this list/calendar to an app that can be pinned in Teams?

Hi @frankc9 ,

SP list calendar view could also be used as the data source in Power Apps Canvas, just list the normal lists, connect to the data in Apps Data pane:

vjefferni_0-1641264433471.png

or

vjefferni_1-1641264470943.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

frankc9
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-jefferni I ended up redesigning the flow to fit the power app which is working perfectly!  Thank you very much for your assistance!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (929)