cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rlitchfield
Level: Power Up

Creating Flow Best Practices - User ID

When creating new Flows for my company, should I be using a sepecial developer ID, or should I be using my own.  My concern is that if I leave the company, and they remove my ID, then the flows we worked so hard on would stop working.

Thank you...

1 REPLY 1
Power Automate Staff TravisB
Power Automate Staff

Re: Creating Flow Best Practices - User ID

Hi @rlitchfield,

Ultimately the account that creates the flows isn't very important. If the user who creates the flow leaves the company, the flows stick around and continue running.

Of course any connections that are used by flows are subject to be revoked potentially if the creators leave the company. At such a time other owners of the flow could then add their own connections to the flow so that it could continue running. Ideally this transition would happen before the user leaves the company so that the flows could continue running uninterupted.

In the event a user forgets or declines to share a flow with another owner before leaving the company, tenant admins can still manage the flow in the admin portal. There they can assign new owners to take up administration of users' flows.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Travis

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,280)