cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ricormy

Creating Multiple Lines on an Excel sheet from a Form

Hello!

I am trying to create a flow for our businesses purchasing. Currently, we have a Microsoft Form that the requester fills out and when submitted the item is sent to a line on an Excel sheet that we use for our records. Right now they have to fill out the Form multiples times for one order if there are things in their purchase with different catalog numbers because we want those on one line in the Excel sheet.

Is there a way to have some of the data they input on the form create multiple lines that are added to one Excel sheet?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Ricormy

I think I figured it out.

I ended up creating parallel flows that had conditions where if the section of the form for quantity contained a value it would run a duplicate "add a line to excel" function, but with all the same value except I changed the value it was pulling for the catalog number and quantity.

Still working on it, but I think I'm on the right track now.

View solution in original post

Ricormy

Here is the solution that I created.

1. After I get the form details I add the first item to the excel file:

Ricormy_0-1626266660552.png

2. For every other item I created a conditions where if the quantity was not equal to 0 the condition would run and add a second row:

Ricormy_1-1626266759180.png

3. You will have to create duplicate conditions for the amount of max items you want in one request. I just chose 20 for now. We have been using it for a while and it has worked well for us.

4. If you want to add notifications or any other functions you can add them under the first item that gets added without a conditions, since you know it will always run:

Ricormy_2-1626266926940.png

7 REPLIES 7
Ricormy

I think I figured it out.

I ended up creating parallel flows that had conditions where if the section of the form for quantity contained a value it would run a duplicate "add a line to excel" function, but with all the same value except I changed the value it was pulling for the catalog number and quantity.

Still working on it, but I think I'm on the right track now.

alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Thanks for the follow up. I'm glad that it sounds like you were able to get this figured out. Follow up with us and communities can help if you are still having issues. Otherwise post the answer and please mark as resolved. Thanks!

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Would you be able to share how you solved this? I'm having a similar issue. Thank you!

Rosh

Hi I have the same issue but I am struggling to find a tutorial on the web on how to do this.  Please can you share your solution.

Ricormy

Here is the solution that I created.

1. After I get the form details I add the first item to the excel file:

Ricormy_0-1626266660552.png

2. For every other item I created a conditions where if the quantity was not equal to 0 the condition would run and add a second row:

Ricormy_1-1626266759180.png

3. You will have to create duplicate conditions for the amount of max items you want in one request. I just chose 20 for now. We have been using it for a while and it has worked well for us.

4. If you want to add notifications or any other functions you can add them under the first item that gets added without a conditions, since you know it will always run:

Ricormy_2-1626266926940.png

Rosh

Thank you for the explanation.  When creating the form did you create branches to add another product to enable additional products?  

Yes, there are branches in the form for each item. That also makes it easier to end the form earlier if they do not have that many items. We just put a question at the end of each item asking if there were more items for the order or not. If there was it takes them to the next item to input, if not, it takes them to the end of the form.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,743)