cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob_CTL
Helper V
Helper V

Creating SharePoint Subsite from template and unique permissions - default groups not created

Hi,

I am creating a flow that'll spin out a new subsite when a user requests it.  The site is used for project tracking and has a simple layout using lists and document libraries.  As these sites are going to be accessible externally they must have unique permissions so the site owner can invite external users to the "Visitors" group.

I am using "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" control to create the subsite from the template. 

sendhttprequest.png

The problem I am getting is that the default groups (Owner, Member, Visitor) aren't being created and instead it's using the groups from the site I created the template from (that took a while to work out what was going on). 

Is there a way that I can get the HTTP request to create the 3 default groups? 

The only other way I can see to do it would be to initially inherit the permissions from the parent site then break the inheritance and create the new groups, but I am not sure if I can achieve that within Flow.  I could get the users to do that but I am trying to remove as much human interaction as possible.

Any thoughts or help gratefully received.

Regards

Rob

1 REPLY 1
pagonza
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @Rob_CTL 

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for this, but hopefully I can point you in the right direction.

Please open a post on the Sharepoint community, Probably there you can find an expert with the knowledge for this issue

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/ct-p/SharePoint

Thank you, Pablo.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,315)