cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Creating Tasks for existing Buckets in Planner from SharePoint List

I have a SharePoint List that has tasks and assignee's. When I create a new entry I am able to create a new bucket and a Task in that bucket while also adding the Planner ID to a column in the SP List. When I try to create a Task in an Existing Bucket however the Task duplicates across all Buckets in the Plan. My flow lays out as such:

• When Item is updated or modified
  • Get Items, for the "List Data"
  • Get user profile V2 for the "Assignments"
  • List Buckets, for the list of "current Buckets in the Plan"
  • Create Task

When I create the Task the Planner ID is coming from my SharePoint list column with the actual Planner ID in it. The Bucket ID is coming from the "List Buckets" action. When I run this The Task hits the correct Bucket first then duplicates to the remaining buckets in the group. How can I stop this duplication? What is the best way to specifically target data like this to keep these "leaks" from occurring? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Do you have some filter to get the right bucket from the 'List Buckets' action? The 'List Buckets' gives you list of all buckets in you Group/Plan, you need to pick just one from that action to use in the 'Create Task' action, if you use an output from 'List Buckets' action directly it will add 'Apply to each' around the 'Create Task' action and create tasks in all buckets.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Do you have some filter to get the right bucket from the 'List Buckets' action? The 'List Buckets' gives you list of all buckets in you Group/Plan, you need to pick just one from that action to use in the 'Create Task' action, if you use an output from 'List Buckets' action directly it will add 'Apply to each' around the 'Create Task' action and create tasks in all buckets.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I found the problem. In my flow I am using the Plan ID column in my list to fuel the List Buckets action and then I used the same column from the list to give the Plan ID to my Update action instead of using the Plan ID now provided by the List Buckets action. Once I corrected this my flow worked as intended. Thanks for the response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,696)