Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanFra
Helper I
Helper I

Creating/Updating SP list off of another SP list

All,

Working with a PowerApp/SP List I created for a department (A) months ago. After talking with a new department (B), they would like to have the entries from A transfer over to B, as well as any updates that are made into A.

This is the Automation I came up with, and it semi works (Ignore the attachment sections).

NathanFra_0-1613057414869.png

Expresion is length(body('Get_items')?['value'])

NathanFra_1-1613057470228.png

If I use the condition of 'is not equal to' it will put every entry from A into B's list. However, if they make an update on 'A', it will create a new entry on 'B' instead of updating.

If I use the condition of 'is equal to' the flow will only place 1 entry in B, and update that single entry whenever a new or updated item is worked on in A. Thus, keeping my B list to a single item.

Not sure what I am missing here. Ideally if A every gets a new entry, it'll go down the Yes side of the condition, and if A updates a previously made entry it'll go down the No side of the condition. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NathanFra,

What's the key value between list A and list B?

I think you missed add the filter query in the Get items:

For example, in my Flow, the key-value connect List 1 and List 2 is "Title", if there is an item Title eq "New create item's title", it will return these items with Title equals to a specified value, then update it, or create a new item in List 2:

Screenshot 2021-02-12 143233.jpgScreenshot 2021-02-12 143118.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NathanFra,

What's the key value between list A and list B?

I think you missed add the filter query in the Get items:

For example, in my Flow, the key-value connect List 1 and List 2 is "Title", if there is an item Title eq "New create item's title", it will return these items with Title equals to a specified value, then update it, or create a new item in List 2:

Screenshot 2021-02-12 143233.jpgScreenshot 2021-02-12 143118.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

NathanFra
Helper I
Helper I

@v-litu-msft  Thats what it was, thank you so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,700)