cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flow_User_2389
Regular Visitor

Creating a Flow for a list of tasks in SharePoint Lists - to send out email notifications for upcoming tasks

Hi, 

I am trying to build a flow for a Tasks List in SharePoint list. I want to be able to send out a list of upcoming tasks (say in the next 14 days) in a table format in an email sent to the 'owners' of the task. 

Right now i am only able to build a flow which 'Applies to each' and send's out one email notification per task rather than all the tasks in one email. Is there any way to build a flow that allows ONE email notification per owner?

Regards

R

10 REPLIES 10
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Flow_User_2389 ,

Please refer to the following method to configure your Flow.

• Use Filter Query to filter out eligible items.
  • Then integrate all Assigned to email into one array variable and remove duplicate emails.
  • Finally, create an HTML table and send an email to all owners.

Image reference:

52.PNG53.PNG54.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Barry, 

I have followed your instructions step by step and the flow fails at the send email module of the Flow: see below:Flow test 1.pngFlow test 2.png

it gives me the following error:

Flow test 3.png

Kind regards

R

Hi @Flow_User_2389 ,

In To field, you need to use the output of Join action.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

it still returns with the same error message - not sure where it is going wrong

i think it may be due to this:

Flow test 4.png

In the Apply to each 2, it doesnt give me the option to select 'Assign to'

think that is where it is going wrong

Regards

R

Hi @Flow_User_2389 ,

It seems that you are not using the Tasks list but a normal SharePoint list.

So the Assigned To is not an array.

Please share more details about the fields contained in the List.

In addition, you can try to remove Apply to each 2 and configure Append to array variable action directly in Apply to each.

Best Regards,

Hi,  - Apologies for not being clear that it is a normal SharePoint List. 

Its is a Sharepoint list that contains the following fields :

Task name - text

Description - text

Due Date - Date format

Status - choice format

Comments - text

and a couple of other text columns for various dropdowns

Sorry forgot to add the the person columns:

Assigned to

Manager

regards

R

Hi @Flow_User_2389 ,

Thank for your reply.

If this is the case you described, and the Assigned to field does not allow multiple selections, I think you can refer directly to the method provided by my previous reply.

you can try to remove Apply to each 2 and configure Append to array variable action directly in Apply to each.

If there is still a problem, please provide the details of the error message.

Best Regards,

Hi, 

Thanks for above

The flow works in the sense that it successfully sends a list of tasks in a tabular format in an email (in one email, rather than multiple). But the filtering array aspect of the flow is not working. It is giving me all tasks (past due date + ones that are due in more than 14 days). 

please see below:

Flow test 5.png

Please advice how i can ensure the filtering array works

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,073)