cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanleyn
Regular Visitor

Creating a Flow that sends the response of a MS Form and sends the file uploaded in the form if one is uploaded

Hi all!

So I am trying to create a simple workflow that I just can't seem to create. I've researched for a bit and still no luck. I have a MS Form that allows users to enter in New Hire information. There is a field to upload an additional attachment. I want to be able to get the responses of the form and have the attachment be sent to my email if one is uploaded. So far this is what I have, which works fairly okay minus the attachment part.

MSWorkflow.pngAny help would be great!

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @stanleyn 

Check Power Automate Microsoft Forms Connector tutorial with Attachments - YouTube

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks,
Reza Dorrani, MVP
YouTube
Twitter

v-LilyW-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @stanleyn 

Thank you for posting.

You can follow the video tutorial mentioned by @RezaDorrani  or refer to the link as below, It details the steps of how to add the uploaded file as an email attachment on a'Send an Email' action :

https://www.bythedevs.com/post/working-with-files-on-ms-forms-in-ms-power-automate

Best Regards!

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you all for your help! I managed to get it to link to a Sharepoint site so I think that will suffice. I am now running into some weird formatting issues. For example when a form is submitted:
There is a form submitted for a new hire named Elliot Rose. They Require the following items:   

Software Developer/Software Test (includes Software Dev Tools)
["Dual 24\" Monitor"]
["Desk-phone (On-Site Employees)"]
Standard Desktop

It is adding brackets and commas, is there an easy way to remove those?

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,774)