cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vchan1231
Frequent Visitor

Creating a Flow with PowerApps

Hi All, 

I was wondering if I could get some help on creating a flow. I wanted to create a flow that was triggered to email someone when a question is answered a certain way in my PowerApps. What steps would I need to create this?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
vikulkar
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vchan1231 ,

Here are the high level steps on how to proceed that you might find helpful:

You first have to create a flow with PowerApps trigger in the same environment.

CommunityForum8.png

You can add a button in your PowerApp and when you are on it's onSelect property, you can then associate the flow that you created above by clicking on Actions-> PowerAutomate ->and selecting the flow from the list of flows. The flow has the option to get parameters from the PowerApps which can decide when to send the email.

CommunityForum7.png

The logic as to when to send the email can be either included in the PowerApps formula (no parameters necessary in that case) or in the PowerAutomate flow as a condition. The emails can then be sent out based on user's response to the questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Vikas K

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,895)