cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Creating a Parallel Approval Workflow

Hi folks,

I have been asked to create a Parallel Approval Workflow for one of our departments and Im not having much success.

They remit is that a user will upload a Document using a form. This will populate a 365 list.

The flow I have been trying to get to work will see the update to the list and trigger the Flow.

The flow will Email three named individuals to notify that the document is ready for approval.

All 3 must approve before the Approval is send back to the Initiator. All three named users must get the email at the same time.

If any reject then the WF is closed and a message is sent to the Initiator.

The problem seems to be at the Send Approval Email Step. If I use an individual email contact it works. But when I add in Multiples it does not work and I get the following Message

"The execution of template action 'Condition' is skipped: the 'runAfter' condition for action 'Send_approval_email' is not satisfied. Expected status values 'Succeeded' and actual value 'Running'." Example Below

WF Example.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Creating a Parallel Approval Workflow

Hi Stuart,

Not sure you can acheive this in one go. You need to split the emails in three steps and at the end add three conditions to get each response. This could work for you.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. Tried something similar earlier but each step waited until the last was completed. This is what they already have in another Workflow.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi DSTUART,

Apparently, you cannot use multiple email address in one "To" field. And I got the same result if I creat multiple flows. 

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

+1 to @v-monli-msft and @abm's reply. @DSTUART, you can consider submitting one feature request in the for enabling sending to more than 1 email address in one step. You can submit it in the Flow Ideas forum

Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Great news! This feature is now available: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/parallel-actions/ - you can now do as  many parallel approvals as you want!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,448)