cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSleeper

Creating a SharePoint calendar entry from a Form and flow

Hi All.

Relatively new to flows and power automate. Honestly I have spent days and days trying to get my setup to work properly but I just cannot get over the last hurdle.

I have created a Form for holiday requests which is then approved or rejected this then fires off an email and updates a SharePoint list, all that is fine and works. 

Where I'm seriously struggling is I want to use the start date and end date entered on the form to create an entry into a SharePoint Calendar I've created. Ideally I'd like it to just list for the hours of 9am - 6pm on those days and exclude weekends in that. However I cannot even get the thing to add a simple calendar entry let alone work on those days.

The flow checker says everything is working ok, but I cannot see an issue. I do bot believe it is a permissions issue as I can enter data into that calendar.

Any help would really be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@TheSleeper , is your flow resulting into error and not creating a calendar item in SharePoint or is it creating Calendar item but not with expected dates?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

HI @annajhaveri 

There is no error so I assume it is "writing" the event somewhere, however it does not appear in the SharePoint Calendar.

Okay, are you using REST API from Send HTTP Request to SharePoint action t create item in Calendar or something? Can you share screenshot of your flow, for me to see if anything is wrong.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi,

I've screen shot the bit that is failing.

TheSleeper_0-1609778995843.png

A high level view if you need it.

TheSleeper_1-1609779045888.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,036)