cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Creating a SharePoint list with new values from an Excel File

We currently have a SharePoint list which updates every weekend using a flow which pulls the values from an Excel File. This file is updated externally, with the flow deleting the existing contents of the list and recreating it from the Excel file. 

I'm trying to create another list which contains the new values which were added to the Excel file in the last update. I've tried cross-referencing the Excel values with the original list before it updates and pushing those which aren't there onto the new list but I've not had any luck creating this flow. Is there a better way to go about this?

2 REPLIES 2
Resolver II
Resolver II

I've done something similar before and it is possible. Can you share a screenshot of your flow currently? 

Also there are other options to get the new data as dealing with an excel file can be tricky. If someone has the file open your flow won't run. You could try creating a Form and connecting the flow to that and update both the excel document and your list based on new form entries.

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AS2021 

If  you looking to compare two excel sheet then you can iterate and compare both rows. But that may be time consuming. There is an intersection expression which you could use to find the common values. Then iterate the common value array to delete the second excel rows hence you will have the difference of row values between Excel 1 and 2.

Here is a sample video which I made a while ago about how to use intersect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3skdTakRRdY

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (43,643)