cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Creating a Unique ID with SharePoint ID value

What I'm looking to do is take a Prefix (we'll call it CCB) and then grab the ID of the item that was just created in SharePoint to build a unique ID. It would always be 9 characters long. In another workflow tool we were able to run an expression that would take the prefix and combine it with a PadLeft function that knew the overall length of the padding to add (in this case 6), the pad character (in this case 0) and the text to combine (SharePoint List ID) to output something that would look like CCB000333.

I'm racking my brain on how to achieve this in Flow. Any ideas? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Creating a Unique ID with SharePoint ID value

@danielleruns 

Hi there - This one sounds interesting, and I feel like there's a better way to do this, but I did find this creative solution.

It seems cumbersome but might get you going in the right direction.

-Ed-

If you liked this reply, please give it a thumbs up! If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @danielleruns , how about this approach?

concat('ABC', triggerBody()?['ID'])

cap2.PNGcap1.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @danielleruns,

Has your problem been solved?
If your problem has been solved, You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,463)