cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
royalflush5

Creating a calendar event from Microsoft Form

Hello! First timer, I've been trying to get a form together that would allow someone to choose from a list of sessions in a Microsoft Form I've set up. Is there a recommended way to send them a calendar appointment through outlook using their choice? My form has a number of choice boxes formatted like this: Monday, 10/5 10:30AM - 11:30AM

Should I change the way I format the choices?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
SamPo Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Creating a calendar event from Microsoft Form

@royalflush5 Hi,

You can use the flow connector for Forms and then a simple switch case to do this. For this method, it doesn't at all matter the format you use in your choices, you just need to copy the text you used for each choice into the relevant case.

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 18.16.34.png

Then under each case you can add either an email or event activity to be sent to the submitter of the form. There's a dynamic content called 'Respondent's Email' you can use.

The most obvious option for each case would be to use a 'create event' activity and put the respondent's email in the attendees bar. The downside of doing this is that it will create a separate event for every person you invite. The most simple option to avoid this issue would to be simply send out an email with the event details.

The last option which can definitely be done but is more complicated is to use one main event and each time the flow runs, add the current respondent's email to the attendees list. I've never actually done this so not sure exactly how it behaves (if it sends an invite to all attendees every time or if it's clever enough to only send it to people who were newly added like Outlook does)

Let me know if you have any more questions

Sam

royalflush5

Thank you @SamPo , I will give this a shot and report back!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @royalflush5 ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (7,757)