cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msandico
Frequent Visitor

Creating a condition for incoming email message to shared mailbox

Hi All,

I have a flow that monitors incoming email to a shared mailbox (When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)) and the next step is to send an email from the shared mailbox (Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)).

The purpose of this is to setup a support mailbox for end users to send in support requests. When they email the shared mailbox, i 1) send an email back to them as an acknowledgement , and in the Subject line, i created a unique id (yyyymmdd+bits of GUID)) to act as the ticketID

2) CC the shared mailbox - so i have an email thread with the ticketID

From the shared mailbox i want to be able to reply back and forth with the end user. 

However, because of my Flow, every response from the end user triggers the flow, which i dont want.

I've been trying with a Condition after the first step to exclude anything coming from the shared mailbox address, or if the Subject contains the text 'ticket#' , in an effort to prevent the Flow from kicking off in those conditions but i can't get it to work.

I get an endless loop of emails being created and sent!

Can someone help me figure out what /how i can exclude certain scenarios so i can be able to reply back and forth through the shared mailbox without the flow triggering each time? I only want it triggered for any 'new' email requests.

Thanks in advance!

2020-06-05_11-46-35.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,240)