cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msandico
Frequent Visitor

Creating a condition for incoming email message to shared mailbox

Hi All,

I have a flow that monitors incoming email to a shared mailbox (When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)) and the next step is to send an email from the shared mailbox (Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)).

The purpose of this is to setup a support mailbox for end users to send in support requests. When they email the shared mailbox, i 1) send an email back to them as an acknowledgement , and in the Subject line, i created a unique id (yyyymmdd+bits of GUID)) to act as the ticketID

2) CC the shared mailbox - so i have an email thread with the ticketID

From the shared mailbox i want to be able to reply back and forth with the end user. 

However, because of my Flow, every response from the end user triggers the flow, which i dont want.

I've been trying with a Condition after the first step to exclude anything coming from the shared mailbox address, or if the Subject contains the text 'ticket#' , in an effort to prevent the Flow from kicking off in those conditions but i can't get it to work.

I get an endless loop of emails being created and sent!

Can someone help me figure out what /how i can exclude certain scenarios so i can be able to reply back and forth through the shared mailbox without the flow triggering each time? I only want it triggered for any 'new' email requests.

Thanks in advance!

2020-06-05_11-46-35.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (5,198)