cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msandico
Frequent Visitor

Creating a condition for incoming email message to shared mailbox

Hi All,

I have a flow that monitors incoming email to a shared mailbox (When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox (V2)) and the next step is to send an email from the shared mailbox (Send an email from a shared mailbox (V2)).

The purpose of this is to setup a support mailbox for end users to send in support requests. When they email the shared mailbox, i 1) send an email back to them as an acknowledgement , and in the Subject line, i created a unique id (yyyymmdd+bits of GUID)) to act as the ticketID

2) CC the shared mailbox - so i have an email thread with the ticketID

From the shared mailbox i want to be able to reply back and forth with the end user. 

However, because of my Flow, every response from the end user triggers the flow, which i dont want.

I've been trying with a Condition after the first step to exclude anything coming from the shared mailbox address, or if the Subject contains the text 'ticket#' , in an effort to prevent the Flow from kicking off in those conditions but i can't get it to work.

I get an endless loop of emails being created and sent!

Can someone help me figure out what /how i can exclude certain scenarios so i can be able to reply back and forth through the shared mailbox without the flow triggering each time? I only want it triggered for any 'new' email requests.

Thanks in advance!

2020-06-05_11-46-35.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (51,371)