cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ursulag23
Regular Visitor

Creating a email flow from an Power App

Hello,

I posted the below message on the Power Apps community and received a message to also post here.  Below is the original post and the response I received. 

My initial post

I created a power app using an excel file that will get updated by different users.  I have successfully created the power app and I am able to update within the power app and then it automatically updates on the file that is located in my one drive for business.  The next step I am trying to create is to send and email to certain people to notify them that the app and excel file has been updated.  Once I achieve that task(if possible), I will then need to notify another set of people for their next step and then once that step is created a notification will be sent to yet another set of people and so on?  Is this possible?  

Response

Hi ursulag23,

Yes, it is possible to send Email within PowerApps.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @ursulag23

All you would need to do is a flow with a trigger on the library where your excel lives. Then with a condition to make sure that the flow only does things when the specific file was updated. You could then have a switch that depends on a status field (or more conditions that decide who should be informed) and email the people that need to be emailed.

Thank you for your response,  I am using the PowerApp to have people add data, that data is updated on my excel file that sits in my one drive folder.  My trigger would still be the file being updated in my one drive or can it be when they hit the check mark on the power app after they have added their data? 

I guess you could use the check box as your save button by setting the OnCheck event. You will need to make sure that the data is then saved beefore your flow is kicking off. But in general that should be ok.

GabrielStJohn
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @ursulag23!

Thank you for posting on the Flow Community Forum! Have you had an opportunity to apply @Pieter_Veenstra‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,412)