cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
risingson
Level: Powered On

Creating a flow from Trello card actions

I currently have a flow that creates Trello cards when an item is added to a Sharepoint list. I would like to add another flow to update those items' "Status" column when their respective card in Trello is moved to another list. There are two big roadblocks I can see with doing this at the moment.

The first issue is there doesn't seem to be a way to update a single field of a Sharepoint list item. The only available solution I can see would require Flow to "get" the item's details and overwrite them with the same values while updating the "Status" column value. Does anyone know a better way to do this?

The second issue is there doesn't seem to be a way to trigger a Flow based on Trello actions. I was thinking that since this doesn't need to be real-time I could trigger the Flow every hour to pull a list of all cards on my Trello board and those cards' actions. I would only be concerned with the action related to the card moving to a new list. But I'm not certain how to deal with several challenges presented by this solution. How can I filter for only "moved lists" action? I can't seem to find that in the Trello API documentation. Also, how would I make sure I don't tax the system too much or create duplicate notifications? For example, if a card was moved to the "Doing" list two hours ago but hasn't changed since, then two hours ago the Status should have already changed to "In Progress" and the system shouldn't try to update it again this hour (preferrably it wouldn't need to check the current status of the list item as that requires just as much or more work than just overwriting the current value with the same value).

Last question, does this seem doable or is it destined for issues / overly complicated? Can you see any other issues with my desired task?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Creating a flow from Trello card actions

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Highlighted
risingson
Level: Powered On

Already did, before I submitted this post 😉 But who knows if/when we'll get that functionality so I want to try my own solution now if possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 283 members 4,828 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: