Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Masse
Level: Powered On

Creating a flow from powerapps - need to edit sharepoint metadata

Hi,

I've created an app in powerapps. I then use HTML and onedrive to convert the data from powerapps to a pdf. I then send the pdf to the defined users in the powerapp. I then add the pdf to a sharepoint library. I then want to edit the metadata so that the pdf is tagged correctly.

I have managed to edit most of the categories. But when I come to "Document owner" and "Customer" I've ran into issues.

The customer name is based of 3 numbers, a space and a name. For example "132 Test". In the app the users define the customer number and the customer name. I've tried to create a variable containing the two fields (Including the space) and then use that in the flow "Update file properties". Wont show. 

With document owner, I've tried using the e-mail that I use when sending the PDF. Also tried using the name from 365-users-add-in. As you can see on the pictures I've also tried creating a variable to make the input to a string and write that.  Won't work either. 

Anyone got any tips on how i can take basic strings and convert them to so that Sharepoint will accept the string as the customer?

I've inserted some pictures that might be useful.

brave_VM394owuyY.png

brave_cAYEwBPY1t.pngbrave_U9vGoi1xM2.png

Below is the Sharepoint for choosing Customer.brave_K48o3ejfBC.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Creating a flow from powerapps - need to edit sharepoint metadata

Hey @Masse 

While updating the file properties (metadata) for the customer, do you see all the values of the customer by clciking the drop down button as in the screenshot below:rr3.PNG

Can you try scrolling down that list and click enter custom value and then select the variable from the dynamic selector? 

What is the data type of the customer name column in sharepoint? Did you provide with option to create choices if it is of type choice? Note that for this to work, you need to have the variable value exact with what you have in the choice column in SP (lookout for any unnecessary whitespaces and case sensitivity too)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Masse 

While updating the file properties (metadata) for the customer, do you see all the values of the customer by clciking the drop down button as in the screenshot below:rr3.PNG

Can you try scrolling down that list and click enter custom value and then select the variable from the dynamic selector? 

What is the data type of the customer name column in sharepoint? Did you provide with option to create choices if it is of type choice? Note that for this to work, you need to have the variable value exact with what you have in the choice column in SP (lookout for any unnecessary whitespaces and case sensitivity too)

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Masse
Level: Powered On

Thank you!

You answered what I didn't want to hear, haha!

I tried creating a custom value and then triggering the Variable with customer ID and name. I guess, that I need to change my powerapp, so that the user has to select a customer instead of typing one in. The problem is that I've connected the powerapp and flow to another site. I then transfer the document to our mainsite (where customer data is stored). So I'll have to rebuild my app so that I can fetch the data from our mainsite.

Thanks for the answer!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,072)