cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a flow that sends a scheduled email when a document in a particular OneDrive folder has been modified

I am attempting to create a flow that sends an email at 5:00 pm on the day that a file in OneDrive has been modified.

For example: If I updated a document today at 10:00 AM, an email will be sent to me at 5:00 pm notifying me that the document has been modified. 

I've been trying to do Recurrence --> When a OneDrive file is modified(Properties Only) --> send email. 

I am having no luck. 

Can anybody help briefly map this out for me in terms of a flow? If you need any more info let me know. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Can you please explain why an email has to go at 5 pm? Is it some sort of report that shows all the files modified in a day?

If yes, you can continue with following trigger and create an entry in a SharePoint list where you can write a filename.

Then have another scheduled flow that runs every day at 5 pm. Extracts data from the SharePoint list for todays entries and send it via email

Mark this as an answer if it resolves your issue.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Instead of spamming emails every time there is a modification, I'd prefer it if there was just one email sent at a certain time of the day. 

Ok got it. Then can you try the solution that I recommended?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (68,634)