cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a flow that sends emails on behalf of another user

Hey everybody!

I'm having some trouble in a flow that I created with objective to send a file (my trigger) attached in an email. Today I send this emails using my email address, but I want to change this address for a different address.

I already shared all the flows with the user and changed the field "send as", but the flow doesn't work and I have received notifications with the message:

Does anybody know how I can ask for this permission without the need of this person enter in each flow?

Thank you in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I think we are talking about two different problems here.

1) How to transfer ownership of a Flow, and its connections, to another user.  For that I'm sorry but there is no simple way to do that.  You either need to change its connection or export the Flow and have them import it and create new connections during the import.

2) How to send an email in a Flow without changing the connection but have the email come from another user's mailbox. That can be done by changing the FROM field, under advanced options, in the Send an Email V2 action.  But for that to work the maker of the Flow must have Send As permission to the mailbox the email should come from.  That can be assigned by an Exchange Administrator or the person who owns the mailbox. This approach doesn't change ownership of the flow, only where the email comes from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The picture goes bellow:

PRINT FLOW ERRO.png

Thank you!

@Anonymous 

The user need to grant you send as access and they can do so through the Outlook client.  Once they do so, you won't need to logon as them and won't need their credentials.

Scott
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

First, you are using an older version of the SendEmail action that has been deprecated due to changes in the Outlook APIs. You should be using the current Send an Email action, although it doesn't contain the ability to set a From address in the action.  Instead the user who is going to run the flow needs to take ownership of it and change the connection to run in their account.  That will send the email from them.  Even if you get the permissions, the action you are using is going to break soon since the APIs are changing. So I would switch now to the new action to make sure it works without requiring troubleshooting in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScottShearer 

Do you know if there is a tutorial that shows with more details the procedure?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 

I found only the "Send an Email (V2)". Is that action, right?

Thank you for the answer and  warning!

@Anonymous 

Correct  - Send an email (V2)

Scott
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can disregard my earlier comments.  Microsoft has reverted the Send an Email V2 back to the previous version that does include the ability to change the From address. This was removed a month or two ago, but now its back under Advanced settings. To use that you will need to get an administrator or the owner of the mailbox to give you Send As permission for the mailbox.  Otherwise changing the From will not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 

This is exactly the problem. I am the flows administrator but I can't find a simple way to transfer the send to another user without having to change the conections manually one by one.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I think we are talking about two different problems here.

1) How to transfer ownership of a Flow, and its connections, to another user.  For that I'm sorry but there is no simple way to do that.  You either need to change its connection or export the Flow and have them import it and create new connections during the import.

2) How to send an email in a Flow without changing the connection but have the email come from another user's mailbox. That can be done by changing the FROM field, under advanced options, in the Send an Email V2 action.  But for that to work the maker of the Flow must have Send As permission to the mailbox the email should come from.  That can be assigned by an Exchange Administrator or the person who owns the mailbox. This approach doesn't change ownership of the flow, only where the email comes from.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (47,185)