cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sborgstadt

Creating a flow that takes a table from excel and populates a word template

I've created a survey to capture docket data for court sessions,  examples of the data include:  Judge names, court room number, court date, docket number, case description, plaintiff name, defendant name, reason for court session.  This survey will be added to throughout the day.  At the end of the day, I need a report showing each Judges dockets per day in a word document.  I'm trying to create a flow that will take the survey information for a specific judge on a selected date and drop those fields into a word document.  I need the word document to contain about 3-4 of these cases per page.  

I've created a flow "when a new response is submitted", "get response details", "then populate a Microsoft word template", then "create a word file".  However, this is too simple and doesn't do everything I need it to.  This simply takes one line at a time and drops it into individual word documents and I can't select a specific judge or hearing date.

In the docket.xlsx file created from the survey, I've created 3 pivot tables for the 3 judges, so every time I add to the survey, the pivot tables update.  However, I can't figure out how to create a flow to get response details from a specific worksheet for the specific judge for a specific date, to populate all in one word report.  I'm not sure if this is even the most efficient way to do this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,664)