cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a flow that updates cases created from an order using a filter query that checks a value from the cases form.

Hi Guys,

Im trying to create a flow that updates cases created from an order once a certain column on the order gets changed\triggered.

The reference of the case to the order comes from the initial creation where the case has a column named new_createdbyorder that would put in the name of the Order in there (Lookup)

jimmart_0-1597639056555.png

So what i am trying to do on my flow is to basically list records for all cases created by that order name using the filter query of that column, like the image below. (I am trying to filter the records to show up new_createdbyorder eq 'Name')

jimmart_1-1597639124226.png

However the flow fails at that saying:

"Could not find a property named 'new_createdbyorder' on type 'Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.incident'."

jimmart_2-1597639258640.png

Where am I getting it wrong? How can i make it work? Or am i totally doing everything wrong?

By the way i dont know if this helps but from the order itself, we have a view that shows up cases created by the order, im not sure if i can use that as well for this flow but either way the goal is to basically update the cases created by an order via a certain trigger on the order entity. Has anyone ever done this before? Thanks

jimmart_3-1597639383880.png

jimmart_4-1597639564793.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jimmart 

In your filter expression please use as below

_new_createdbyorder_value eq 'Order ID'

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@jimmart 

In your filter expression please use as below

_new_createdbyorder_value eq 'Order ID'

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi

@Mira_Ghaly 

I think your recommendation works it is able to identify it, thanks a lot. On a side note though, im getting a different error which seems like the last part: D

A binary operator with incompatible types was detected. Found operand types 'Edm.Guid' and 'Edm.String' for operator kind 'Equal'.

Should i initialize it as a variable or what?

Highlighted

@jimmart

ON which step u are receiving the error, if it is on the List Records step you should pass the order Id and not ordername

Highlighted

The error comes up on the List records part.

Problem is on the case form what is referenced is the Order Name and not the OrderID,

Do you know how i could go around the problem?

Highlighted

@jimmart Yes I understand now then you have to add additional step List Records on the order entity and filter expression

new_name(schema name for your name field) eq ordername, initalize a variable above it and after the list record set the variable to the order Id and pass the variable to the second list records. 

Highlighted

Hi Mira,

I tried the solution but it comes up with this?

Syntax error at position 37 in 'new_createdbyorder_value eq ORD-10570-T3V6R5'.

I tried to initialize the variable at the top to point to the OrderName.

jimmart_0-1597669907032.png

And then did a list records for order with that ordername.

jimmart_1-1597669926892.png

And the last part was this where i set the variable to OrderID but it came up with the error above.

jimmart_2-1597669953925.png

By the way appreciate your continued help on all of this Mira. Thanks so much.

Highlighted

@jimmart

On which entity is the flow trigger? 

Highlighted

@jimmart it looks like the variable not set to the GUID and still set to the name of the order, can u please share screens of your flow run? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,728)