cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a flow to upload item to another sharepoint list if satisfy a condition

Hi,

I have 2 lists on sharepoint - one for public marked items and the other for private marked items. The Public list is the general list which users go to and if the user selects public in the Public or Private field, i would like it to be displayed in this list. However, if a user selects private in this field, I would like the item to be uploaded to the Private Sharepoint list. How would I achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png 

If the Public or Private field is a Choice field, please choose the Public or Private Value dynamic content of the trigger in the Condition.

2.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User II
Super User II

Hi,

Create a flow with when created or modified sharepoint trigger.

Use a condition to query your field i.e.

Public or Private is equal to Public

On the No branch, you know its private and can do your action i.e. create item.

You may want to do a Get Items to see if it already exists first as well, but you can add that after you get the base logic working

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

1.png 

If the Public or Private field is a Choice field, please choose the Public or Private Value dynamic content of the trigger in the Condition.

2.png

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-alzhan-msft ,

In the Private list, I have applied a list setting whereby a user could only read the private items they have created themselves. But because of this flow, each item will be created by me, disallowing users to see the private items which they created. 

What would be the work around for this? Can created by value be adjusted to the actual user who created the item instead of myself, who initiated the 'Create Item' flow command?

Kind Regards,

I

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (15,597)