cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MDAR

Creating a flow where a task is triggered by a specific task, but nothing else

Hello,

I am wanting to create a flow where multiple tasks are assigned to staff members in a sequential order.  This flow could have multiple instances running simultaneously.    

For example:  When Employee 1 Completes task A, Employee 2 will be assigned Task B.  When Task B is completed, Employee 3 will be assigned Task 3, etc.  

I have tried adding a value condition after the When a task is completed trigger, that the value title contains the customer name.  The issue I have is that if I have more than one of these flows running at once, the flows can interfere with each other. 

Is there a way to keep the individual flows separated from each other?  I have attached an example of part of what I am doing.

exampleexample

2 REPLIES 2
v-LilyW-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @MDAR 

Thank you for your posting.

According to your description if more than one flows running at once, the flows can interfere with each other.

According to Flow performance profile, multiple flows will not interfere with each other when running at the same time.

By default, concurrency control is turn off so Trigger concurrency is unlimited,

Please check your Flow configuration and test again.

v-LilyW-msft_0-1622106317621.png

For more info about Power Automate config you can refer to:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

Lily

Thank you for the reply. 

However, the point at which they are interfering is when it hits a "when a task is complete" trigger.  Since all tasks are going into the same plan ID at a given time, whenever one of them is completed, it triggers all the other runs to move forward.  

I've tried to create a little power automate that doesn't have the "when a task is complete" trigger, but if I omit those, it just assigns all tasks at once, and I don't want the task assigned until the previous task was completed.  

Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,180)