cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpa4work
Regular Visitor

Creating a folder structure based on excel template

I am trying to create a folder structure based on an excel template. There is a folder structure has logic to it, it is just multi-faceted so I'm struggling to implement for each loops and if statements to do this. I have attached a screenshot (because I didn't see where I could attach a file below). The logic is essentially, within each fileroom, there are folders and subsequent subfolders. A folder is below another folder based on the 'FolderLevel' column. The folder name should be what is in the 'Index' column, followed by an underscore, followed by what is in the 'Title' column. For example:

1.1 is within 1. 1.2 is within 1. 1.3 is within 1. So 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 are all subfolders of 1. The file paths of this scenario would look like this:

ABC\1_General

ABC\1_General\1.1_Admin

ABC\1_General\1.2_Legal

ABC\1_General\1.3_HR

Further on,

XYZ\3_FolderA

XYZ\3_FolderA\FolderA5

XYZ\3_FolderA\FolderA5\FolderA1_5_1

XYZ\3_FolderA\FolderA5\FolderA1_5_1_1

etc...

I tried identifying the previous row and comparing the current row to the previous row but that doesn't always work because I can have multiple subfolders at one level before moving to the next level.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

folder structure.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,887)