cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rpa4work
Regular Visitor

Creating a folder structure based on excel template

I am trying to create a folder structure based on an excel template. There is a folder structure has logic to it, it is just multi-faceted so I'm struggling to implement for each loops and if statements to do this. I have attached a screenshot (because I didn't see where I could attach a file below). The logic is essentially, within each fileroom, there are folders and subsequent subfolders. A folder is below another folder based on the 'FolderLevel' column. The folder name should be what is in the 'Index' column, followed by an underscore, followed by what is in the 'Title' column. For example:

1.1 is within 1. 1.2 is within 1. 1.3 is within 1. So 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3 are all subfolders of 1. The file paths of this scenario would look like this:

ABC\1_General

ABC\1_General\1.1_Admin

ABC\1_General\1.2_Legal

ABC\1_General\1.3_HR

Further on,

XYZ\3_FolderA

XYZ\3_FolderA\FolderA5

XYZ\3_FolderA\FolderA5\FolderA1_5_1

XYZ\3_FolderA\FolderA5\FolderA1_5_1_1

etc...

I tried identifying the previous row and comparing the current row to the previous row but that doesn't always work because I can have multiple subfolders at one level before moving to the next level.

Any help would be great! Thanks!

folder structure.png

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,460)