cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
clare1389
Level: Power Up

Creating a task in Planner when a word document is modified ONLY when that task does not exist in a SPECIFIC bucket

Hello,

I am trying to create a flow for whenever someone modifies a document in a folder on Sharepoint, a planner task is created ONLY if there is not already one in a SPECIFIC bucket in Planner. 

I was able to successfully create a Flow that will add a task to my Plan if it does not exist. The only issue is that it still recognizes tasks that are marked as Complete or are already in my "WIP" bucket and therefore will not create a new task. 

Additional info: I realized that it will not recognize file names for documents in a folder, so I modified my Flow so that when a document is created or modified in a Folder, it creates an item in a Sharepoint List which then compares it to my tasks in Planner. 

My flow I have set up currently Creates item in Sharepoint with the File name being the Title of the List item > Initialize an Array variable > Lists Tasks > Apply to Each {Planner value > Append to array variable the value title} > Condition {VariableName contains the Title in the Sharepoint list} where Yes = create a new planner task where the title of the task = the title of the Sharepoint list title and No = Do nothing. 

How I have it configured currently works and will recognize the tasks in Planner.

Anyone have any ideas how I can refine it even more so that it only looks at the Planner tasks in a specific bucket and/or looks at tasks that are not yet in progress or complete?!? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Creating a task in Planner when a word document is modified ONLY when that task does not exist in a SPECIFIC bucket

Hi @clare1389 ,

I assume that an action that could be used to list tasks under specific bucket would be required for your scenario. There is a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-gt-Planner-gt-List-Tasks-action-allows-to-select...

Besides, it seems that there is no dynamic content for IsCompleted could be used to check if the task has been completed or not. Please consider submitting a new one on this issue:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Further, I have made a test with your current flow, it works succeeded.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Creating a task in Planner when a word document is modified ONLY when that task does not exist in a SPECIFIC bucket

Hi @clare1389 ,

I assume that an action that could be used to list tasks under specific bucket would be required for your scenario. There is a similar request on Flow Ideas Forum, please vote and comment the idea at here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/Flow-gt-Planner-gt-List-Tasks-action-allows-to-select...

Besides, it seems that there is no dynamic content for IsCompleted could be used to check if the task has been completed or not. Please consider submitting a new one on this issue:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Further, I have made a test with your current flow, it works succeeded.

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,418)