cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Creating all day event in Sharepoint from approve/reject flow

Hi all,

I've created a flow for employee vacation requests using the approve/reject flow. When a request is approved, it adds the employees vacation to a calendar on SharePoint. This is easy enough, however the blocked off time on the calendar is always short by one day as the events are automatically created to 0h. So if someone has an approved request from June 11-14, only 11-13 will be blocked off on the calendar under their name. I really don't want employees to have to select time alongside date (i.e. June 11 00:00 to June 14 23:55) when booking vacation, since it's always full days.

I've tried the below solution, but know I'm missing something. I also tried running a script on the SharePoint list itself to automatically default new calendar event entries as "all day" but this is not being recognized from the flow that creates said entries. I'm newer to Flow, so go easy!

FlowExample.png

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Creating all day event in Sharepoint from approve/reject flow

Hi Mabel,

Thank you for looking into this and for the detailed response. The issue you've ran into on the calendar is the issue I'm referring to. I mentioned not wanting employees to input time as a reference to this (i.e. if they put 23h 55m on the 'End Date' then the calendar issue would be solved). I've found a solution to all of this by writing some Jquery that applies 0h 0m to 'Start Date' and 23h 55m to the 'End Date' automatically, and then hides the time columns. Now the calendar is issue is fixed and everything is working as intended.

Edit: I've added the script here incase others are having the same issue:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$('[id ^=Start][id $=DateTimeFieldDateHours]').hide();
$('[id ^=Start][id $=DateTimeFieldDateMinutes]').hide();
$('[id ^=End][id $=DateTimeFieldDateHours]').val(23).hide();
$('[id ^=End][id $=DateTimeFieldDateMinutes]').val(55).hide();
});
</script>

Cheers!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BuzzwordMaster,

According to your description, I create a flow looks like below.
When an item created on ListC is approved, it will be created on the Leave Request list(Calendar list).

3.PNG

Then I create an item on ListC to run the flow, the vacation is from 4.17-4.20.
While the item created on Leave Request list is 4.17-4.19. See the screenshot below.
I will report this issue on my side and back to you once I got any response.

1.png

About this sentence “I really don't want employees to have to select time alongside date (i.e. June 11 00:00 to June 14 23:55) when booking vacation, since it's always full days”, how do you configure the Date and Time column?
Please try to configure its format as “Date Only”, then the employees will not have to select time alongside date.
Please try if this works for you.

4.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mabel,

Thank you for looking into this and for the detailed response. The issue you've ran into on the calendar is the issue I'm referring to. I mentioned not wanting employees to input time as a reference to this (i.e. if they put 23h 55m on the 'End Date' then the calendar issue would be solved). I've found a solution to all of this by writing some Jquery that applies 0h 0m to 'Start Date' and 23h 55m to the 'End Date' automatically, and then hides the time columns. Now the calendar is issue is fixed and everything is working as intended.

Edit: I've added the script here incase others are having the same issue:

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$('[id ^=Start][id $=DateTimeFieldDateHours]').hide();
$('[id ^=Start][id $=DateTimeFieldDateMinutes]').hide();
$('[id ^=End][id $=DateTimeFieldDateHours]').val(23).hide();
$('[id ^=End][id $=DateTimeFieldDateMinutes]').val(55).hide();
});
</script>

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I dont have issue updating the SP calendar with all day event. But maybe because I'm using a custom list with calendar view not an actual SP Calendar? My issue was with Outlook when the event is all day, the create event action changes my time zone to utc 0, and im at -7 (PDT). I used compose and startOfDay function to set my dates to midnight for the [create event] action

On SharePoint:
All Day Event = Yes

Start Date: 04/13/2017

End Date: 04/13/2017

Outlook Calendar

Compose: Start Date -- "@startOfDay(triggerBody()?['EventDate'])"

Compose: End Date -- "@startOfDay(adddays(triggerBody()?['EndDate'], 1))

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Tamras - I tried using the @ functions prior to having to go with script, and I came to the conclusion that because Flow treats outlook calendar entries as 'events' it's not an issue. With SharePoint however, because it's updating an 'item' and the calendar is a 'list', I was unable to use the @ functions (I could be mistaken though).

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Buzzword Master

I'm struggling with getting Sharepoint to add my event to the site calendar, after approval.

Can you share the details of this part of your flow so that I can try to replicate for my system please?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@BuzzwordMaster ,

where I put this code?? Could you explain???

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@BuzzwordMaster 

Even I'm facing this issue, got stuck for a long time and reached this post, but where should I add this code, could you please provide details.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

How can I add the code to the sharepoint calendar?

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,535)