cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomgardzinski
Level: Powered On

Creating an Event with correct Time (time zone)

Hello,

I'm quite new to Powerapps and Flow.

I created a PowerApp that populates a SP list. I also have created a flow for the SP list. The flow ends with creating an event.  In the create event section of the flow I populate the start time and end time using the respectable column form my SP list. Unfortunately when the event is created in my calendar it is being created in Universal Coordinated Time, and not using my current time zone as a default

I've seen identical questions, with solutions in the MS Community, however those solutions are not working.

One solution was to click into the advanced options of the create event and just type in "Eastern Standard Time" into the time zone end and start fields. However this does not work.

Has something changed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below are the details of my flow:

1. Information is collected via a powerapp:

2. As shown above the calendar date is selected, and then there are three sessions to select, "morning", "afternoon" or "evening". This information then populates the SP list. I have written a update an item condition that if the "morning" session is selected the "interview start time" and "interview end time" will be "9 AM" and "11 AM".

3. I then use the information from the SP list in the flow to create an event in a calendar as illustrated below:

4. Here is how the meeting is booked into my calendar:

If you require anymore information please don't hesitate to ask :). Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Power Automate Staff RajRa
Power Automate Staff

Re: Creating an Event with correct Time (time zone)

The way you are constructing the start and end time is incorrect. The create event requires a UTC time, in sharepoint if you create a date & time column and use it - it will pass through correctly. Note that outlook will still show UTC time when you open the event, but shoudl show adjust time for where you are.

HTH

Super User
Super User

I have similar issues. I have a flow CREATING the event. I achieve this via using UTC. the issue comes when I try to add additional participants with FLOW. the time zone gets messed up. The meeting moves each time a new particpant gets added.

In my case each time -1 hour as the user is located in time zone +1.

Super User
Super User

I just found the blog post on working with TIMEZONES 

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/working-with-dates-and-times/

the Action CONVERT TIME ZONE might be the solution to my problem. Investigating ....

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,286)