cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bkuhlmann

Creating and Completing a task in Planner via To Do

Hi There, I am trying to share my tasks with my team via planner. Since many of my tasks start as flagged emails, I was able to find a template to create a new planner task when an email is flagged or task is created in To Do or Outlook. The problem I am not having is making subsequent updates to the task in planner when it changes in Outlook/To Do. Primarily, when it is complete or the due date needs to change. The flow I created fails but I don't know enough to figure out why. The Flow Checker does not come up with any errors. I appreciate your help!

PS - I took this from a suggestion on a post from someone looking to do something similar but wasn't able to get it working for me.

flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bkuhlmann 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you want to sync outlook task to planner tasks if task completed. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

First of all, we need to get all outlook tasks and planner tasks. Then configure condition to find which planner task is created from outlook task maybe based on task subject.

Flow overview:

v-duann-msft_0-1616481943244.png

Flow in details:

v-duann-msft_1-1616481943248.png

v-duann-msft_2-1616481943254.png

Once we run the flow, it will run every minute to sync status of task from outlook to planner if it's completed.

v-duann-msft_3-1616481943256.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bkuhlmann 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you want to sync outlook task to planner tasks if task completed. If any misunderstanding, please kindly let me know.

First of all, we need to get all outlook tasks and planner tasks. Then configure condition to find which planner task is created from outlook task maybe based on task subject.

Flow overview:

v-duann-msft_0-1616481943244.png

Flow in details:

v-duann-msft_1-1616481943248.png

v-duann-msft_2-1616481943254.png

Once we run the flow, it will run every minute to sync status of task from outlook to planner if it's completed.

v-duann-msft_3-1616481943256.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,829)