cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jleighton88

Creating approval when SharePoint folder is created

I am having issues building my approval flow.
My thought for the flow was
1. Folder (with misc files inside) is moved into an approval SharePoint document library.
2. Check if isfolder. (Only want a single approval request for the folder, not for files inside.)
3. If true, start and wait for approval.
Link to SharePoint folder in request.
4. If approved, email requestor the results.
Then, move the folder with files to an approved folder directory.
5. If denied, email requestor the results
Then move the folder with the files into a corrections folder..

I am having issues anytime I am dealing with a folder with contents instead of just a single file. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @jleighton88 

You can use the when a file is created or modified trigger action for the approval library

then trigger your flow only when current item  isfolder=true (this is new in Flow where u can trigger flow conditionally - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-gP-E6CCE4 (check this video on how to conditionally trigger flows)

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (55,580)