Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Creating dynamic URL in an HTML table

Hello and happy Thursday.

I have a flow that will recur everyday.  It will check the list for new jobs and it will send out a sort of newsletter.  The jobs are tags with 1 of 5 departments.  I created a Compose to filter out based off of department chosen.  What i would like to do is create a custom hyperlink using a link name composed of 5 different columns. 

For the Compose Expression Inputs:  equals(items('Apply_to_each')?['accountFSO'], 'Analytics')

I created a variable (called linkFSO) that would concat the hyperlink name using the below formula: 

Concat(triggerBody()?['projectTitle'],' // ' ,triggerBody()?['TheLevel'], '// ',triggerBody()?['Clearance'],' // ',triggerBody()?['LocationCity'],', ',triggerBody()?['LocationState'],' // ',triggerBody()?['Remote'])

In the Select HTML table value i use 

Concat(<a href="(triggerBody()?['ReqUrl']">Outputs('linkFSO')</a>

What i would like to happen is that it will pull all of the items listed by department, group them and create hyperlinks using information from 5 columns.

ex:  

Cyber Department

• Title of Job / Job Level / Clearance / Location / Work from home <-- would link using a column value that contains a hyperlink
  • Title of Job / Job Level / Clearance / Location / Work from home

Analytics Department

and so and so on.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Thank you for your time.

JobOpp.PNGJob1.PNGJob3.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MVP

Re: Creating dynamic URL in an HTML table

Hi @Misa 

What result are you getting instead of what you are expecting...? Or are you getting an error at some point? I'm unsure what your question is 🙂 

Sandy
@SandyU

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Re: Creating dynamic URL in an HTML table

@SandyU 

Hi Sandy, when i try to update the equation it says that it's not valid.  I got the idea from John Liu's youtube video on creating a Complex HTML table with Hyperlinks and it didn't work.

I have a Sharepoint list where employers list job openings.  They submit to the list on a daily basis.  At the moment, the job listings are manually added to an email newsletter and sent out to a distro list.  The job listings are grouped by 5 departments.  The hyperlinks are created by taking the values of 5 columns and merging them together.  So it would look like Column 1 // Column 2 // Column 3 // Column 4 // Column 5.  The links would use a URL supplied in another column of the same item.

I used the following formula to create the hyperlink:  

Concat(<a href=\"(triggerBody()?['ReqUrl']">Outputs('linkFSO')</a>

linkFSO =  Column 1 // Column 2 // Column 3 // Column 4 // Column 5 using the Compose Action

Ultimately they would like to automate it this process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (10,807)