cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Creating file folder in sharepoint is failing

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a flow that is essentially replicated from something @AlanPs1 set-up (thank you for that!).  I have realized that the flow seems to be failing when a reply to an email, a forwarded email or any type of email with the the same subject line of an email that triggers a previous flow, is failing at the "create file folder in sharepoint" step.  Any advice here would be great!  Below is the entire flow and where the error is occurring.   Thank you all for your help!

bgoldberger_0-1605619869282.png

bgoldberger_1-1605619906081.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@tom_riha Thanks so much for your help with this.  I used a solution posted by @AlanPs1 to strip the characters sharepoint won't accept.  It turns out the issue is that there's a variety of characters sharepoint doesn't like.  The general flow is below.  I will mark this as solved, thanks!

bgoldberger_0-1606229496650.png

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Frequent Visitor

Hi again,

I wanted to quickly add the output where the error seems to be stemming from.  That said I have no idea how to fix this:

{"statusCode":400,"headers":{"X-SharePointHealthScore":"0","X-MS-SPConnector":"1","X-SP-SERVERSTATE":"ReadOnly=0","DATASERVICEVERSION":"3.0","SPClientServiceRequestDuration":"44","SPRequestGuid":"b7bd5b78-82a0-44f7-a968-b9a9e1d923d7","request-id":"b7bd5b78-82a0-44f7-a968-b9a9e1d923d7","MS-CV":"eFu9t6CC90SpaLmp4dkj1w.0","Strict-Transport-Security":"max-age=31536000","X-FRAME-OPTIONS":"SAMEORIGIN","Content-Security-Policy":"frame-ancestors 'self' teams.microsoft.com *.teams.microsoft.com *.skype.com *.teams.microsoft.us local.teams.office.com *.powerapps.com *.yammer.com *.officeapps.live.com *.stream.azure-test.net *.microsoftstream.com;","MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":"16.0.0.20704","X-Content-Type-Options":"nosniff","X-MS-InvokeApp":"1; RequireReadOnly","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"true","Cache-Control":"max-age=0, private","Date":"Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:16:41 GMT","P3P":"CP=\"ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI\"","X-AspNet-Version":"4.0.30319","X-Powered-By":"ASP.NET","Content-Length":"288","Content-Type":"application/json","Expires":"Mon, 02 Nov 2020 17:16:41 GMT","Last-Modified":"Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:16:41 GMT"},"body":{"status":400,"message":"Cannot create folder /2020-11-17-17-16-40-FW: LOXO-RAS-20001_MGH\".\r\nclientRequestId: b7bd5b78-82a0-44f7-a968-b9a9e1d923d7\r\nserviceRequestId: b7bd5b78-82a0-44f7-a968-b9a9e1d923d7"}}

Thanks again!

Brett

Super User II
Super User II

Hello @bgoldberger,

from the error message it seems you're trying to create a folder '2020-11-17-17-16-40-FW: LOXO-RAS-20001_MGH', the problem is the : as that's not supported character for folder names in general. It'll be the same whether it's 'RE:' in the email subject or 'FW:'. You must get rid of the : character from the to-be folder name using the replace() expression.

replace(<emailSubject>,':','')

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ ... and if you like my response, you might like also the tips and solutions on my Power Automate related blog ]

Hello @tom_riha ,

Thank you for the reply.  The weird thing is, this does work for new email.  But I am certainly ok to change the flow to something more easily supported.  This is how the folder is set-up to save:

bgoldberger_1-1605638018876.pngbgoldberger_2-1605638086746.png

Do you have any alternate suggestions to make sure the file is being saved in an acceptable format?  I believe the thought was to use the "time stamp" in initiate variable so that the folders would be unique..

Thank you again for your help!

Brett

Sorry @tom_riha .  To be more specific, how do I replace the ":" character.  I'm trying to edit my flow now but cannot figure out where this would need to be replaced.

Thanks again,

Brett

In the 'Compose Sub Folder' action, extend the expression by adding the replace() expression around it. 

replace(concat(...),':','')

concat(...) is the expression you currently use, as you need to replace the : in the concat(...) result.

It works well for first email because first email doesn't have 'RE:' or 'FW:' in the subject, it's just the subject = no problem as long as there're no special characters.

[ ... and if you like my response, you might like also the tips and solutions on my Power Automate related blog ]

@tom_riha 

Ah I see.  Ok that makes sense.  I've tried fiddling with the formula a bit but I still can't see where to remove the ":"  Any final assistance with the formula would be great!  

bgoldberger_0-1605646617580.png

replace(concat(variables('TimeStamp'),'-', body('Get_email')?['Subject']))

Thanks!

Brett

In your flow the part body('Get_email')?['Subject'] contains the subject of the email, which you're trying to use for the folder name. If it's response/forwarded email, the subject contains :, which needs to be removed from the final folder name. As the error message says, the replace() expression needs 2 more parameters. You passed there only the folder name built by the concat() expression, now you need to add also the other 2 parameters, string to replace ':' and string to replace it with ''.

replace(concat(variables('TimeStamp'),'-', body('Get_email')?['Subject']),':','')

@tom_riha That formula certainly worked!  But now sharepoint can find the folder.... I've been fiddling with this all morning and cannot figure it out.  Any thoughts?  Thanks so much for your help.

bgoldberger_0-1605728602566.png

@bgoldberger ,

I don't have much experience using the 'Get file metadata using path', I prefer the standard 'Get file metadata' using the document 'Identifier'.

@tom_riha Thanks so much for your help with this.  I used a solution posted by @AlanPs1 to strip the characters sharepoint won't accept.  It turns out the issue is that there's a variety of characters sharepoint doesn't like.  The general flow is below.  I will mark this as solved, thanks!

bgoldberger_0-1606229496650.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (89,777)