cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoyWeb
Frequent Visitor

Creating multiple contacts in Dynamics from one Formstack Form

Hi, I'm very new to Power automate but enjoying playing around with it. I've theoretically worked out a way to use Power automate to do what I want, but it seems like it will be a very long and arduous to set it up and wanted to check if there's an easier solution out there.

Scenario:
* I have one Formstack form to collect contact details of staff from external partner orgs. One manager can register their whole team, which could be up to 50+ people using a radio button "do you want to register another person" to navigate to additional fields.
* On submission I want to check for duplicates in Dynamics, update record if a duplicate exists or create a new contact if it doesn't.
* I am using the CDS (legacy) connector.

My current solution:
* I have set up this flow (see below pics) for 1 contact, currently mapped to the manager's contact fields. I adapted this flow from a blog post, so not sure if this is the best way.
* To run the same process for the remaining potential 50+ contacts, do I have to create 50+ parallel flows to map to the different fields for each person in the form e.g. team member 1 email, team member 2 email etc?

Very happy to accept any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Part 1Part 1

Part 2Part 2

Part 3Part 3

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (997)