cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattMannion
Advocate I
Advocate I

Creating task from Form submission ("The request is invalid:\r\nCannot convert the literal '2020-06-17T14:28:33' to the expected type 'Edm.DateTimeOffset'.",)

HI All, 

I am trying to create a task from a form submission but cannot seem to get the date format to work correctly. 

I have tried using the form submission time as the start date but was repeatedly getting errors, So have now started using UTCnow() instead but even then I cannot get the flow to accept the date format. 

create task.jpg

addDays(body('Convert_time_zone'), 2)

error.jpg

{
  "error": {
    "code""",
    "message""The request is invalid:\r\nCannot convert the literal '2020-06-17T14:42:17' to the expected type 'Edm.DateTimeOffset'.",
    "innerError": {
      "date""2020-06-17T13:42:17",
      "request-id""3ec31747-bbf1-4123-b13c-cbdec8bc10de"
    }
  }
}

Apologies in advance, I know I am going to be bashing my head on the desk when someone advises what I have done wrong. 

Kind regards 

Matt 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MattMannion
Advocate I
Advocate I

HI all, 

Realised I was using the UTCnow() fucntion wrong, but also found a much simpler solution for what I need. 

time.JPG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MattMannion
Advocate I
Advocate I

HI all, 

Realised I was using the UTCnow() fucntion wrong, but also found a much simpler solution for what I need. 

time.JPG

View solution in original post

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the scenario and the solution. I can be very helpful for other users in similar situation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,692)