cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh
Level: Powered On

Creating team and adding members using graph API

Hi

I'm using graph API to create a team and add team members. The team creation and adding members work fine. However the welcome email that "You have been added to a team" which the Microsoft Teams sends does not go out in this case. I've seen the same behaviour when I create the team using PowerShell and then use Add-TeamUser to add members. If I try adding a new member to the same team through UI, then it does send the mail. Is it a known issue when doing through PowerShell/API?

Here's the graph api link I followed for adding members

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/group-post-members?view=graph-rest-1.0

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Creating team and adding members using graph API

Hi @Rajesh ,

It seems that this is the default setting, even if I use Add member to group action to add the specified user to Teams group, no email notification is generated.

35.PNG

Perhaps you could try to configure Send email action directly to notify the user who has been added to the specified group.

In addition, for sending email notification after adding members to the specified group using PowerShell, please check this discussion and see if it helps:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Office-365/Add-Office365-Group-Member-without-Email-Notificat...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Rajesh
Level: Powered On

Thanks for your reply. If I try adding a new member to the team through the Team Apps UI, then it does send the mail. I don't think it has to do with setting UnifiedGroupWelcomeMessageEnabled which I believe is enabled. It's only when we do the same through PowerShell or flow

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rajesh ,

This seems to be the default setting. If you want to add a member to the specified Teams group via Flow to send a similar email, please consider submitting your suggestion in the idea forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 166 members 5,375 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: