cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhousham
Frequent Visitor

Custom Configuration settings

So I'm building a flow using sharepoint and in most of the connectors I have to enter a url. Now I'm just in dev - but there will be test and live environments as well as other developers who might want their own environments.

At present I've used a variable to store the url and enter that in places where I need it. This though has problems in some places like update and also the trigger. 

So it would be nice to have some area to have some 'static' config variables that were set in stone and able to use throughout the flow.

3 REPLIES 3
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @rhousham ,

If your flow are in solutions, you can look into environment variables here.

Other than that, you can look at using a key vault and store as secrets or have a SharePoint list. Will still be a bit of work accessing the values.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

rhousham
Frequent Visitor
rhousham
Frequent Visitor

This does seem to be the way, for me the environment variables didn't pop up straight away when I started using them.

But after a few hours they seem to have started to come through. This does seem like the best stratergy but at present feels clunky and there is something amiss.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,154)