cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sandyhiggins

Custom Flow

Hi I am trying to create a flow but it isn't working correctly.

I basically have a within sharepoint a folder with sub-folders that have word documents within them. I want to update a

OneDrive excel spreadsheet anytime a document is modified within any of these sub-folders, wanting to track the file modified, the name of the person who modified it and when it was modified. I am having two issues:

When I choose the flow "When a sharepoint item is modified" I don't get any list items and when I put in a custom one with the name of the folder containing the documents I want to check it doesn't work.

When I choose the flow "When a sharepoint item in a folder is modified" I don't get the choice to add modified by, when in the exported excel table.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandyhiggins,

If you are using "When a file is created or modified in a folder" action, you couldn't the Modified and Modified By directly. Under the trigger, you could add Get file metadata action to get the file ID firstly, then use Get file properties action to get the file properties, then you could find the Modified and Modified By on the dynamic content:

Annotation 2020-05-07 110734.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sandyhiggins,

If you are using "When a file is created or modified in a folder" action, you couldn't the Modified and Modified By directly. Under the trigger, you could add Get file metadata action to get the file ID firstly, then use Get file properties action to get the file properties, then you could find the Modified and Modified By on the dynamic content:

Annotation 2020-05-07 110734.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,657)