cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Patron
Post Patron

Custom ID field with date formatted as YYYY-MM-DD needs to be formatted as DD-MM-YYYY

Hello,

I have a custom field named "Contract Ref" which is made up of the following format:

[TEXT]-[COLUMN]-[COLUMN]

Where the first Column is "Contract Start Date" and the second column is "ID".

The "Contract Start Date" is formatted correctly in SharePoint as 09/06/2020 however when my flow runs, it is formatting the "Contract Start Date" as 2020-09-06. This needs to be formatted as 09-06-2020 so that the Contract Ref column reads as LWCM-09-09-2020-5

list.png

Register.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sudosaurus 

A small correction in @ManishJain  suggestion. The format you need to use is dd-MM-yyyy. It's case sensitive.

Remove the Contract Start Date mapping then place cursor between the hyphen's.  Click the Expression tab on your right (next to Dynamic content). Start typing formatDateTime(,'dd-MM-yyyy'). Then place the cursor before the comma then click the dynamic content and map the value. 

image.png

Finally you will have the exprssion as formatDateTime(''yoursharepointschemnamecontactstart','dd'MM-yyyy'). Click Ok. This should place the format expression under the Contract Ref between LWCM- and -ID

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sudosaurus ,

If the Contract start date is of type date then you can use formatDatetime and format it.

eg. formatDateTime(ContractDate,'DD-MMM-YYYY')

Thanks

In which part of my flow do I insert that?

When you are adding the field Contract Ref LWCM -  . After LWCM - use expression in place of actual field.

Thanks

When I try this, it says "The Expression is Invalid".

formatDateTime(Contract Start Date,'DD-MMM-YYYY')

Hi @sudosaurus ,

Please ensure that cursor is at the right location. When you click ok and if you get that it could be that it is not finding where to insert the expression.

Thanks

Hi @sudosaurus 

A small correction in @ManishJain  suggestion. The format you need to use is dd-MM-yyyy. It's case sensitive.

Remove the Contract Start Date mapping then place cursor between the hyphen's.  Click the Expression tab on your right (next to Dynamic content). Start typing formatDateTime(,'dd-MM-yyyy'). Then place the cursor before the comma then click the dynamic content and map the value. 

image.png

Finally you will have the exprssion as formatDateTime(''yoursharepointschemnamecontactstart','dd'MM-yyyy'). Click Ok. This should place the format expression under the Contract Ref between LWCM- and -ID

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

Thank you for your help! 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (62,807)