cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMS
Level: Powered On

Custom connector for API with paginated results

I'm trying to build a custom connector for an API that returns results in pages. How would I create a GET action to follow all pages, if there is more than 1 page returned?

Results from the API which return collections of objects are paginated, ie. split up into pages. We use a system which is compliant with the proposed RFC-5988 standard for web linking.

The Link header contains the URLs for the first, previous, next and last pages of the collection being returned. The Total header contains the total number of records in the collection, not the total number of pages. (The total number of pages is found in the URL for the last page.) These headers can help simplify your client code. As you may have noticed, we tell the API which page to return with a page query parameter. Similarly, we can request more items per page with a per_page parameter, up to a maximum of 100. The default is 25 records per page.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Custom connector for API with paginated results

Hi @CMS,

I am not familiar with the coding part.

but I think the paging could solved with variable in Microsoft Flow.

You could use two variables, one for page counting, another is used to hold the array returned, use the union () function to make the pages into a whole page.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
CMS
Level: Powered On

Re: Custom connector for API with paginated results

I suppose that would work, would I lose access to the GUI dynamic content field selection if it is now pulling from an array variable? Not a big deal as I can work with expressions, but would be nicer to keep to GUI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,179)