cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Customizing when an item is created or modified

I currently have a flow set up that sends out an email when an item is created or modified on a SharePoint list. What happens now is that an email gets sent out only if the item progress is "completed" and the task name fits the criteria. I used the trigger "when an item is created or modified" because sometimes an item will get entered and the progress is "not started". Once that item is changed to completed, I want the email sent. 

My problem now is that anytime I modify an item, like start date, and the progress is set to completed another email will get sent out. I understand why it is getting sent out again, because the progress is "completed" and the item was modified. I only want an email sent out when the column "progress" gets modified to "completed". I am not sure if this is possible. Thank you for the help in advance.

workprogress.PNG

trr0068_0-1611603240293.png

trr0068_1-1611603061273.png

trr0068_1-1611603295922.png

trr0068_3-1611603137334.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I normally do this by either adding a new status choice of Email Sent or a Yes/No field for email sent.  Then you can set that after sending the email so it is only sent once.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I normally do this by either adding a new status choice of Email Sent or a Yes/No field for email sent.  Then you can set that after sending the email so it is only sent once.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,331)