cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koen5
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

D365 F&O create Item arrival journal with Power Automate

Hello, does anyone know how better to 'predict' the next arrival Journal number in D365 F&O?

D365 F&O only allows you to create a new item arrival journal in the "ItemArrivalJournalHeadersV2" entity if you define exactly the next sequential number. The problem is that the sequence does not seem to follow a +1 process. If the last journal is for example 5999, then the next journal number can be 6000, 6005 or 6412 ... I cannot get a grip on it. I have written a 'Do until' loop with 1000 iterations, but that seems sloppy, is there a better way?

Thank you in advance for your time/ideas.

Happy flowing,

Koen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Koen5
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

It turns out that if you build in some delay in the requests to the Arrival Journal entity you will get better results. Finally I managed to solve this via a 'Do Until' loop with a regular 5 sec delay in between.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Koen5
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

It turns out that if you build in some delay in the requests to the Arrival Journal entity you will get better results. Finally I managed to solve this via a 'Do Until' loop with a regular 5 sec delay in between.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,280)