cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Koen5
Resolver II
Resolver II

D365 F&O create Item arrival journal with Power Automate

Hello, does anyone know how better to 'predict' the next arrival Journal number in D365 F&O?

D365 F&O only allows you to create a new item arrival journal in the "ItemArrivalJournalHeadersV2" entity if you define exactly the next sequential number. The problem is that the sequence does not seem to follow a +1 process. If the last journal is for example 5999, then the next journal number can be 6000, 6005 or 6412 ... I cannot get a grip on it. I have written a 'Do until' loop with 1000 iterations, but that seems sloppy, is there a better way?

Thank you in advance for your time/ideas.

Happy flowing,

Koen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Koen5
Resolver II
Resolver II

It turns out that if you build in some delay in the requests to the Arrival Journal entity you will get better results. Finally I managed to solve this via a 'Do Until' loop with a regular 5 sec delay in between.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Koen5
Resolver II
Resolver II

It turns out that if you build in some delay in the requests to the Arrival Journal entity you will get better results. Finally I managed to solve this via a 'Do Until' loop with a regular 5 sec delay in between.

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,559)