cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

DAX (Power Query) Query from Excel

Hi all, 

I'm trying to construct a flow that would run a pre-defined DAX query to any excel sheet that been uploaded to a specified OneDrive (for business) folder. I believe the 'Transform data using Power Query' is the right approach but I'm not trying to pull from an SQL database here...

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best,

Dat_Data

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: DAX (Power Query) Query from Excel

Hi @Dat_Data,

Ok. So you want to use 'Transform data using Power Query' to filter an Excel file, right?

For convenience, Maybe you can use the ODATA filter, for example, "Price eq '12'" will filter the row which Price column equal to 12.

Annotation 2019-09-09 151001.png

For more examples, you can refer to these blogs and posts.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dat_Data,

I am not clear about your requirement that not trying to pull from an SQL database. What's the issue you met during you construct the flow?

Maybe there is a blog about Power query online for Microsoft Flow, you can check it for a reference:

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2018/09/26/using-power-query-and-microsoft-flow-to-automate-the-creatio...

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Thanks @v-litu-msft but that is the same blog I was following in the construction of my flow but what im trying to do is pull data from an excel sheet (on OneDrive) and not an SQL database. However, it doesn't seem that the PowerQuery action can achieve this.

Best,

Dat_Data

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dat_Data,

Ok. So you want to use 'Transform data using Power Query' to filter an Excel file, right?

For convenience, Maybe you can use the ODATA filter, for example, "Price eq '12'" will filter the row which Price column equal to 12.

Annotation 2019-09-09 151001.png

For more examples, you can refer to these blogs and posts.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,495)