cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien2
Level: Powered On

DCRM Flow to Update the Owner of the Case

Hello,

I am using the Customer Self-Service portal, and for this portal, I have created a flow for the cases entity.

In this flow, I have 2 conditions and for each condition, I want to update the owner of the case to two different users.

The issue is the following below:

• The owner field in DCRM is a lookup from the User entity where all the users exist. Also, the role of this field is when the user is assigned to manage the case created.
  • I have used update record action for each condition and I have entered the Owner field to the user I  want.
  • Unfortunately, the flow fails when I have modified the Owner field to the user I need.

Please take a look at the screenshots below:

CapOwnerResult.PNGCaptureResultCase.PNG

2. Is it possible in Power Automate to track the case link from dynamic content because I couldn't find it?

What i am doing wrong in the owner field?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: DCRM Flow to Update the Owner of the Case

Hi @Julien2 

The owner field actually expects you to enter the guid of the user account. You can get that following: 

ddeww.PNG

Expression: 

first(body('List_records')?['value'])?['systemuserid']

you can directly put the expression in the Owner field. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Julien2

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I have tried the steps you mentioned, I have added the compose output action in the Owner field and as a result, the query returns the right output but the update record action always fail the flow please a take look at the screenshots below:

Update Rec.PNGCaptureCond.PNG

Capture.PNG

Do you think it's failing because I didn't map the fields from the first action of my flow when a record is created, in the update record action? Or this is another issue?

Looking to hear from you.

Thank you!

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Julien2 

Can you share a full screenshot of the flow. Note that to update you need to use the record identifier anyhow. Also, ensure that the environment name is same across all the actions. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Julien2

Hi @yashag2255,

Sure, please take a look of my entire flow screenshots:

FlowPic3.PNGFLowPic4.PNG

Yes, I have already tracked the record identifier of "When a record is created action", the environment is already selected as (Current).

Could you take a try by your side and use the update record action inside a condition?

Looking to hear from you.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,867)