Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dataalertpbi
Microsoft
Microsoft

DLP error when building flow

Hi,

When trying to build a flow, I get this error:

This action violates your org’s data loss prevention policy (DLP). To make the flow valid, delete the action and remove the connection reference. See your admin for details.

How do I get around it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There is no way to get around DLP policies.  You'll need to talk to your admins about changing the existing DLP policy to allow use of the connectors you are using or adding you to a different environment with a DLP custom policy that will fit your needs. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There is no way to get around DLP policies.  You'll need to talk to your admins about changing the existing DLP policy to allow use of the connectors you are using or adding you to a different environment with a DLP custom policy that will fit your needs. 

@Pstork1 wrote:

Hi @Pstork1 ,  I'm seeing the same error. I am one of the Global Admins on our account. We do not have any known DLP policies configured. Are there other settings that may contribute to this error?

Nothing else that I'm aware of.

Matt2020

I found the location of the DLP policy involved. This appears to be controlled by the Power Automate Admin panel, not the global DLP settings. Because why wouldn't Microsoft pepper DLP control throughout a sprawling environment and not centralize it? It is hosted on http://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com. The person that created the policy has not been with us for over a year, and we are just moving to implement M365 across the org now. In the case of my flow I was attempting to have a new entry on a SPO List send a message into a Teams channel to alert the team that a record was added to demonstrate capability.  Teams, not being in use at the time the rule was created, was in the non-business/default group and not able to communicate with SPO which was in the Business group.  Depending on your policies you may need to adjust the mix of applications in groups here to make one work. 

Kroisos_Pennola

We had this same issue with one flow (out of about 3-5 identical running simultaneously without any problems or warnings). The flow was knocked off and couldn't be turned on. However, the warning was visible only with Flow app on mobile phone. We have no DLP policies in place in Power Automate Admin Panel. Dipping the flow in edit + save and everything is fine again.

Yes, the data policies are in the Power Platform admin center.  I don't really have a problem with them being there.  I have a bigger issue with calling them DLP. They really aren't about data loss prevention.  They are about controlling what connectors can be used.  But MS didn't ask either of us where to put them or what to call them.

I don't know why this post isn't marked as Solution. I had the same issue, and I found the problem exactly where @Matt2020 pointed out. Thanks, man.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,297)