cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RolandC
Level: Powered On

Data Collection from Multiple Users in Sharepoint List

Hi,

On a single row in Sharepoint List, I'm trying to collect data from multiple users based on their input in different columns.

I can quite easily do this if it was just a single user entering data for one row. However I will need multiple users to enter the relevant data based on their input. So that means, for a particular row, after a person enters their data in a column, it should then direct it to the next person to fill up other columns accordingly.

Can I do this in Flow? Or do I need to use other apps as well?

My apologies if this sounds quite basic, I've searched online but couldn't find a clear answer.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Data Collection from Multiple Users in Sharepoint List

Hi @RolandC,

Maybe it could be achieve with just the outlook, you could let every user to send an email to the next person to fill up other columns when they have fill the specific column.

And if you want to achieve your requirement with microsoft flow, you could take a try with action "send  email with options", or please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

RolandC
Level: Powered On

Re: Data Collection from Multiple Users in Sharepoint List

Hi Alice,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I would still like to use Flow as it is a proper workflow tool and I will be doing dashboard reportings on the data collected with other apps.

I've attached a sample picture to explain as best I can what I'm trying to do. Do let me know if this is clear.

Thanks again

Roland

MS Flow Table Sample.jpg

@v-yuazh-msft wrote:

Hi @RolandC,

Maybe it could be achieve with just the outlook, you could let every user to send an email to the next person to fill up other columns when they have fill the specific column.

And if you want to achieve your requirement with microsoft flow, you could take a try with action "send  email with options", or please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

@v-yuazh-msft wrote:

Hi @RolandC,

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 66 members 3,516 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: